Sunday


Helene Cixous: This procedure [demarche] of truth is for me the gift you
give to humanity. In reading you we learn that the truth is always a bit further on. From the place where you arrive, you set off again, you take
yourself back up, you relaunch yourself, you do not sit the truth on your knees. Truth makes you tick [La verite tefait marcher] in all the senses of the word. It's also the law of writing: one can only write in the direction of that which does not let itself be written and which one must try to write. What I can write is already written, it is no longer of interest. I always head towards the most frightening. This is what makes writing thrilling but painful. I write towards what I flee. I dream about it. It is
always a jardin d'Essai, but it is an infernal, expelling garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment