Tuesday

PDF forever, Rough Guide unfinished


Locked in the contours of a face, wide eye and cheeks abroad
A paradise, but only in a layer
I stay there, for a long time, too long
I am captive, but I don't dig -
I have the tools I think, but I am afraid they won't work
For this is not a real place, not one that can really be attacked or altered
It choses itself and our experiences in it, as if we don't have a will
but we do.
Annihilation
Theres something so tantilising about a surface
Unbroken and untainted
Holding us there, in smooth valleys
between the features and down in large ponds
but there is limited wildlife here
and the bays they are stark and the waters see-through

A quiet place, for birdseye babes
Flat chested seagulls
who coo at the sight of a one sided world
we weep at the surface, we dine there
again and again and again and again
but the food, it is tasteless
as it always was.


No comments:

Post a Comment