Monday

A performance written

You sit and I watch. The boy and the elephant. I dress you in a sailor hat and I watch you hide your face with balloons. I tell you to do so. Your hair is dry today, and your eyes are not as open as usual. I can’t tell if I love you or not. Don’t smile! You had to go and smile didn’t you?  And when I lean down towards you, you try and kiss me. Kiss me?! You think I want to kiss you. And its my turn now. But I wear a mask. An elephant mask. The elephant mask that suits me. I untie the anchor… from around your ankle and let you walk out of my shot. I thumble in, I dance for you. I march for you. I wave my little flag to the end of the earth for you. I wear myself out for you. Down for. And then we stand togther. I am fair and you are dark as a brown eyed camel. I pester you then rest in you. I pester you then rest in you. I rest in you and RUN! I pester you and RUN! I pester you and RUN. I RUN I RUN. I RUN.

And back for helping two. I’m running into you.
And always back to you. I’m eating into you.
And always back to you. To you I’m back to you.
And eyes will eat me too. My eyes eat into you.
And your eyes eat me too. Their eating in for you.

……………………………………………………………………………………...........

The elephant eats well. A gingercake. Something fresher. Something like a new ginger desert. Two nights too. I’m thinking ginger through. I’m smelling ginger too. I’m seeing gingered room. 

But ginger can’t take elephants.
And then I’m back to you…

And you can taste my ginger dream. My hunger eats you whole.
But I can’t have my ginger now. And you won’t fill my bowl.
And so I take you bit by bit. My swelling stomach moans.
You tell me you’re a philosopher.
But you just don’t seem to know!

You fill me up with all your words. For I should want all those?
You know a lot but got not gut. And I can see your holes.

The philosopher or the artist elephant?
Do you make or do you tell?
My swollen lips and bone dry hips
Need watering as well.

And so we’re living separately. The island and the sea.
But islands holding wells of me, whereas two Islands never meet.
The philosopher and the elephant. An unsatisfying meal,
For shes the body, hes the mind, But the only one to understand her kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment